Thursday, September 13, 2012

HE Knows your Worth: Even when you don't

 
For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? - 1Cor.5:12

Please understand that Christianity does not equal perfection.  Don't become so religious that you are no worldly good!  If it is not your life, it is not your business to pass judgement.  Pray for one another and talk to God.  Don't gossip and then ask God to help that person.  Flick the plank out of your own eye first!  That word came on my heart the other day and I wrote it down.  In re-writing it, it has ministered and convicted my spirit.  The first time I heard it and was obedient in sharing it with some folks...this time I heard it and I'm being obedient in adhearing to it myself.  I thanks the Lord daily for continual revelation and understanding.  He knows I am no where near perfect.  He also knows my heart like no one else. I have to learn that just because He has put something on my heart and given me a gift to use to further the kingdom, doesn't mean that the path will not be bumpy nor the journey weary. 
There has to be a lot of patience put into being obedient so that you are making moves at the right time.  There has to be a lot of silence in obedience so that you can hear when the Holy Spirit is giving you further instruction.  There needs to be trust in obedience because God will require you to step out on faith in areas.  Don't worry He knows your worth even when you do not. 
So many times we (myself included) want to wait for the "right" opportunity to be used.  "When I get that million dollars, I'll sow into the kingdom."  "Once I'm where I want to be in life, I'll help in the ministry." I'm not where I want to be spiritually..." that's like getting in shape to go to the gym!  Don't harp on where you feel you may be spiritually.  98% of the time where you feel you are spiritually is based on your observations of others in the ministry and/or around you.  They may be able to flip to a bible verse faster, speak longer, articulate better, or do something that you cannot do BUT, when God wants you to do something it's because He knows your worth.  He knows that you can speak out boldly, He knows that you can manage a department, He knows that you can committ to being there.  He doesn't call people by mistake.  In all of our imperfection, God's will in us is perfection.  God does not call the qualified because we are ALL qualified and called to be kings and priests.  We are all called to further the kingdom in any way that we can. 
 Corinthinans 12:12-31 talks about unity and diversity within the body of Christ and how we all have different functions, gifts and assignments just as your physical body does.  If we all did the same thing and has the same function and purpose how would we be productive in many areas?  It's the desire for immediate recognition and praise of the flesh that becomes the demise of kingdom business.  If you entertain a vain thought for just a second it opens the door to strife, lust and carnal intentions.  People think of being concerned with looks and fashion when they hear vanity and that's why it is such a dangerous spirit.  Vanity is let in when you get a little irritated because someone didn't mention your name to the congregation.  "Pastor said thank you in private but didn't tell everyone what I did."  "Why is her name ahead of mine..." "I talk to Pastor all the time why did he help them..." Those are vain thoughts.  Romans 12:3-8 talks about not thinking too highly of yourself. 
Let God reward your works...you have to know that they are not going unseen.  Instant gratification is just that and it is gone just as quickly as it came...in an instant! You will be rewarded for every good work...your heart needs to be in the right place.  Do it because God loves you and has done so many things for you in the midst of your disobedience and beliees in the good in you...2Corinthians 9:8
I intended for this blog to go a completely different direction.  I have been struggling with feeling blocked and I was planning to write more or less out of frustration.  In the first few words I typed out the Holy Spirit began to minister to me and a calm came over my spirit and I thank God for it.  Continue to be obedient in what God has called you to do and keep pressing through.  He didn't promise smooth sailing, but He did say that we can walk on water!

No comments:

Post a Comment