Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Good Bondage...

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand tin the evil day, and having done all, to stand.14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

It is important that we thank God daily for the full armor that he has provided for us.  We need to make sure it is prayed up and secured properly at all times because our spirits are constantly in battle for us.  With that being said, I want to focus on verse Ephesians 6:20 where it says "For which I an an ambassador in chains..." I struggled for a long time with that verse because I was thinking in the flesh about being in chains.  I kept praying and saying Lord why are we in chains when you say we have free will.  Lord I know you set us free from bondage.  So what is the significance of being in chains (KJV says bonds)?  I received revelation one morning as I prayed and the Holy Spirit began to minister to me and explain that I am to be bound to the word of God.  The same way that a man and woman marry and become bound together as one; we as the body of Christ are His bride and bound as one in the body and to the Living Word.
When we spend time in the word, and we pray to the Lord and spend time really getting to know Him and speaking to him in our heavenly language or in understanding, we are getting intimate with Christ and developing the same relationship that we desire to have with our mates.  We do so many things in our earthly relationships to please our mates.  We go on dates to bring back romance, we light candles and desire to spend intimate time together to keep love strong and the bond stronger.  It works the same way with Christ.  He desires our time, He desires us to talk to Him, worship Him, acknowledge Him; spend some intimate time with Him, in His word strengthening your bond with Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment